September is when Kinnaur looks freshest and tremendously beautiful. Stretching up to the Tibetan border, Kinnaur is blessed with magnificent mountain, valley and a distinctive culture. This is a land of mountain villages with slate-roofed temples, vast apple orchards, plunging gorges between snow-capped peaks and hair-raising roads.
Kinnaur is famous for the Kinner Kailash peak (6500 mtr.), stunning Sangla Valley, Chitkul the last village of India and Hindustan-Tibet road which finally enter Tibet at Shipki La Pass. It is a rare treat to travel on this road which is a great engineering feat.
• Drive really near to Tibet on the world’s most treacherous road at Shipki La border.
• Stay in beautiful valley of Sangla
• Live at Kalpa, the most beautiful village of Kinnaur and closest place to Kinner Kailash.
• Be at the end point of India, Chitkul.
• Experience the Kinnauri culture
• Travel with Delhi based travel photographer Vinod Verma.
TRIP COST: 21500/- PP
• 6D/5N accommodation on twin sharing basis.
• Transportation from Delhi to Delhi
• All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
• All permits and permissions required
• Personal expenses like telephone bills, laundry and extra meal ordered.
• Soft drink or beverage ordered.
• Expenses incurred due to anything beyond our control like natural calamities, landslides political insurgencies etc.
1. Registration of expedition will be done on first come first serve basis.
2. “Indian Terrains” reserves the right to amend/alter the program.
3. Due care is taken for the safety of the participants but organizer will not be responsible for any mishap/accident/injury/illness etc.
4. If the participant does not attend/complete the expedition or to consume benefits included in the price, he/she will have no right to claim a refund.
For registrations contact: Shailza – +91 9999731115, Vinod – +91 9313080096
Or write us at email@example.com
Day 1: Delhi to Mashobra (354 kms) We leave at night to have a full day at Mashobra to explore.
Day 2: Explore Mashobra Mashobra, a beautiful village with an average elevation of 2200 mtr is our first stopover. It is around 10 Kms from Shimla. The entire valley is covered by dense woods of oaks and pines. Mashobra is an exceptionally beautiful and a very serene place away from the rush of tourists. Overnight stay at Mashobra
Day 3: Mashobra – Sangla (230 km) Next morning driving along the fierce Sutlej River flowing in the gorges below reach Karchham. From here a road continues towards Spiti and another turns towards the Baspa Valley and on to the beautiful Sangla Valley. This area is rich in Apple, Apricot, Wall-nut, Cedar tree orchards and glacial streams with trout fish. This 18 km stretch is of narrow winding road with hair-raising gorges & cliffs high above the Baspa River gushing below. Overnight stay in camp.
Day 4: Sangla – Chitkul – Sangla (48 km) After enjoying a quiet morning in the lap of Sangla valley hold your seat once again for a short drive to Chitkul (3450m), this crown of Kinnaur is famous as the last village of India on Indo -Tibbet boarder. Potatoes grown here are one of the best in the world. Stand here, look around the mountains and feel the air of far end of India. Drive along picturesque road which is carved in rock and goes along the wild Baspa River. Spend evening taking a forest walk, enjoying the view or just relaxing in the camp.
Day 5: Sangla – Kalpa (39 km) Situated at the height of 2758 mtr above the sea level, Kalpa is one of the most beautiful village of Kinnaur. The rising sun touches the snowy peaks with crimson and golden light can mesmerize any one. Kalpa offers fabulous views of the Kinnaur Kailash. Also we can see a 70 Mtr Shiv Ling at the top of the peak. Chilgoza plantations and apple orchards are other attractions there. Overnight stay at Kalpa.
Day 6: Kalpa – Fagu (220 km) Start our drive back from Kalpa through Rampur. It is a gorgeous drive along side Sutlej River . Overnight at Fagu.
Day 7: Fagu – Delhi (361 km) Missing those beautiful memories of a lifetime, reach Delhi by the late evening.