Think of a place with the virgin beauty of shimmering lakes, bluest skies, proud mountains, high passes, outlandish landscapes and loving people. It has to be Ladakh, land of high altitude lakes, tribal life and world’s most famous roads. Whatever business, profession or passion you are from, Ladakh never fail to mesmerize you. And a road trip to Ladakh, something you cannot afford to miss in this life.
Join these 10 days of complete bliss and be filled with a sense of accomplishment and wonderful memories to cherish for life!
• Drive through beautiful valley that marks the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar River.
• Visit Mulbek, said birth place of next incarnation of Lord Buddha
• Go on a trip to mystical monasteries like Lamayuru, Thiksay and Diksit.
• Conquer Khardungla Pass (18,380 ft.), the highest motorable place in the world.
• Trace the ancient Silk Route to Turtuk and Panamik in Nubra Valley.
• Stay at serene Pangong Lake, the highest mountain lake (15080 ft.) of India.
• Spend a night at Tso moriri Lake, the largest high altitude (14836 ft.) lake entirely within India.
• Take a trip to Tso Kar and Suraj Tal.
• Travel with Delhi based travel photographer Vinod Verma.
Per Person: 39,700/-
For Couple: 36,700/- PP
For Group (Min 4): 35,700/- PP
• 10D/9N accommodation on twin sharing basis (3 Star Hotel/Camps/Homestay)
• Transportation (including in and around Ladakh)
• All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
• All permits and permissions required (Including Inner-line Permit)
• 5% GST
• Any extra meal, soft drink or beverage ordered.
• Expenses incurred due to anything beyond our control like natural calamities, landslides etc.
1. Fee mentioned above is from Srinagar to Manali.
2. Registration of expedition will be done on first come first serve basis.
3. “Indian Terrains” reserves the right to amend/alter the program.
4. Due care is taken for the safety of the participants but organizer will not be responsible for any mishap/accident/injury/illness etc.
5. If the participant does not attend/complete the expedition or to consume benefits included in the price, he/she will have no right to claim a refund.
For registrations contact: Shailza – +91 9999731115, Vinod – +91 9313080096
Or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1: Thu, 14 Jun, Team meet at Srinagar
Check into hotel. Get relaxed and later go out to explore Srinagar town. Overnight stay in Hotel
Day 2: Fri, 15 Jun, Srinagar – Kargil – Mulbek (241 Km)
Depart early morning to Kargil driving through the beautiful Kashmir countryside to reach hill station of Sonmarg. Crossing the Zoji-la Pass (11500 ft.) and driving through Drass (famous as the second coldest inhabited place in the world) going through Kargil-the battle field, plunge into the ridges & valley of the Zanskar range and reach Mulbek, known as the birth place of next incarnation of Lord Buddha.
Day 3: Sat, 16 Jun, Mulbek – Lamayuru – Leh (150 km)
After breakfast start for dramatically located Lamayuru. It’s the oldest surviving monastic complex famous for its wall frescoes and architecture. Spend some time here clicking pictures and have lunch. Driving through Sangam (confluence of Indus & Zanskar Rivers), Magnetic Hills, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib and Hall of Fame we reach Leh.
Day 4: Sun, 17 Jun, Relax in Leh
The morning is at leisure for rest after a long journey. After lunch visit Shanti Stupa, Sankar Gompa, Leh Palace & around. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5: Mon, 18 Jun, Leh – Khardungla – Sumur (117 km)
After breakfast leave for “No Mistake Drive” to the Khardungla Pass (18,380 ft), the highest motor able place in the world, a dream to conquer for every rider or driver. Road from here goes steep down to Nubra Valley and further to Siachen, the battlefield. Visit Yarab Tso and sand dunes. Overnight stay at Sumur.
Day 6: Tue, 19 Jun, Sumur – Turtuk (90 km)
Travelling to Turtuk is travelling into the history when India gained control of this strategic location after the war with Pakistan in 1971 which changed the life around Shyok River forever. This 3 hour drive is a gallery of unspeakable beauty. It’s a world far away from Ladakh and the last village where a tourist is allowed. Exploring Hunder dunes on the way, we stay at Turtuk.
Day 7: Wed, 20 Jun, Turtuk – Pangong Lake (251 km)
Early morning after breakfast we will be off to one of the most photographed, Pangong Lake (15080 ft). This 134 km long lake flow through India to China. Stay at Spangmik village.
Day 8: Thu, 21 Jun, Pangong – Tso Moriri Lake (235 km)
It’s a long mountain journey today. Picturesquely located in secluded, breathtakingly beautiful Rupshu Valley, Tso Moriri is a high altitude lake (14836 ft) which attracts a range of wildlife, including migratory birds, marmots and rarely the Tibetan wolves. Overnight at Korzok village.
Day 9: Fri, 22 Jun, Tso Moriri – Sarchu (228 km)
After early breakfast leave from Tso Moriri. En-route visit another gem of Ladak, Tso Kar. Passing through Skyangchu Thang (a vast plateau stretching for 42 kms) take a break at Pang for lunch. Then crossing Lachalung-la Pass (16,500 ft.) and Nakeela (15547 ft.) reach Sarchu by the evening and stay overnight in fixed camp.
Day 10: Sat, 23 Jun, Sarchu – Manali (225 km)
Early morning start for Manali, crossing the Baralacha Pass (16020 ft), visiting Suraj tal and driving across Rohtang Pass (13056 ft) reach Manali by the evening. Trip concludes here with a bunch of unforgettable memories.