“Lahaul-Spiti is trekker’s delight, a writer’s imagination, a poets thought and heaven for photographers”
Cut off from the tourist map because of its remoteness, Spiti, along with its twin valley of Lahaul, has retained its pristine charm. Quaint old monasteries, prayer flags fluttering in the wind and monks in their ochre robes, add to the mystic charm of Spiti. The scenic mountain villages perched on mountain crests, Pristine rivers, the vast landscapes and the harsh conditions are all a part of the package that constitute this adventurous Himalayan journey.
• Drive on amazingly beautiful terrains of Himachal
• Explore Tabo, the oldest monastic compound in Himalaya, called Ajanta of Himachal.
• Stay at Nako and experience mesmerizing sunrise and sunset over snow covered Himalayan peaks
• Visit Kibber, world’s highest village with a drivable road.
• Offer prayer at Ke monastery, one of the oldest monasteries houses valuable Thangkas and offers a panoramic view of the area.
• If you are lucky enough, find sea fossils at Langza.Experience the tribal life of greater Himalayas.
• Explore Pin Vally, the home of Snow Leopard.
• Make a post from the highest post office in the world at Hikkim.
• Spend a night at the Chandra Tal, one of the most photographed lakes in the world.
TRIP COST: 22,700/- (For a group of min. 4)
• 9Day/8Night Accommodation on sharing basis (Hotel/Camps/Home stay)
• Breakfast & Dinner
• All permits and permissions
• Personal expenses like telephone bills, laundry etc.
• Expenses incurred due to anything beyond our control like natural calamities, landslides, political insurgencies etc.
• Any extra meal, soft drinks and other beverages ordered.
1. Cost mentioned above is from Delhi to Delhi.
2. Due care is taken for the safety of the participants but organizer will not be responsible for any natural mishap/accident/ illness etc.
3. If the client does not attend/complete the expedition or to consume benefits included in the price, he/she will have no right to claim a refund.
CLIMATE: Lahaul-Spiti has a markedly different climate to the rest of Himachal Pradesh. The limited rainfall and high altitude – mostly above 3000m ensures desperately cold conditions in winter. Even in summer, temperatures rarely rise above 15°C, and winter temperatures can plummet below -30°C
Note: The itinerary can be customised to meet your need perfectly. Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +91 9999731115, +91 9313080096 to speak to our experts.
Day 1: Delhi – Mashobra (428km) Start early morning for the first leg of the journey – Lovely drive through Shivalik foothills. We stopover at Mashobra, a quiet, scenic town surrounded by pine forest. Overnight at Mashobra.
Day 2: Mashobra – Kalpa (213km) Drive along picturesque Hindustan-Tibet Road which is carved in rock and goes along the wild Sutlej River. Overnight stay at Kalpa, one of the most beautiful village of Kinnaur.
Day 3: Kalpa – Nako (100km) The most fabulous drive is through Kalpa to Nako. We also discover Ribba where world’s best local wine is produced. Passing through Khab which is hardly 13 km from Tibbet border we reach Nako, situated in Hangrang Valley. The existence of lake formed out of the masses of the ice and snow above adds beauty to the village.
Day 4: Nako – Tabo – Mud (127km) We explore Tabo during the day. Flanked on either side by hills, it is one of the most important Buddhist monasteries regarded by many as only next to the Tholing Gompa in Tibet. It is also known as the Ajanta of the Himalayas. Reach Mud by late afternoon and stay overnight at Mud.
Day 5: Mud – Kaza – Key -Kibber – Kaza (92km) Drive to the highest permanently inhabited village of India, Kaza (4205m) visiting Ki Monastery en-route. This centuries old gompa is a labyrinth of rooms and corridors and at one time also acted as a fort. It houses valuable Thangkas and offers a panoramic view of the area. From Kibar drive to Chichem. We have to traverse through a deep canyon to reach Chicham. This route is very populated by wildlife such as Blue Sheep, Ibex and Snow Leopard. Overnight stay at Kaza.
Day 06: Kaza – Langza – Hikkim-Komic – Langza (34km) Explore the villages and experience the life of Spiti. Spend the day in collecting fossils of marine-time life at Langza, posting post cards from the highest post office in the world in Hikkim and knowing simple life of this lesser known side of Himalaya. Overnight stay at Langza.
Day 07: Langza – Chandratal (126 km) Next morning lead us to Chandratal (4300m) also known as the moon lake. The lake was once a halting place for traders who traveled to Spiti and the Kullu valley from Tibet and Ladakh attracts a large number of adventure lovers. This crystal clear blue water lake lies in a broad grassy plain which in ancient times was a glacier, and is ideal for camping. Overnight stay in a camp at Chandratal.
Day 8: Chandratal – Manali (165 km) The last leg of the journey take us to Manali through Rohtang Pass.
Day 9: Manali- Delhi (580 km) Missing those beautiful memories of a lifetime journey we reach Delhi by late evening.